20 Quotes to Inspire Courage + Grit
Determination. Guts. Courage. Grit. Perseverance. Hard work. Dedication.
These are all words that anyone starting or running a business would use to describe what it takes to be successful and push yourself outside your comfort zone. Easier said than done, amiright?
I get to work with so many incredibly talented creative business owners on their branding and website, and I’ve noticed a common thread that connects them. They’re all bravely owning who they are and are ready to get things aligned to help push their business into a new area of growth. They see a bright future ahead and are willing to put in the work to get there.
That kind of work is hard, though! Especially hard to do alone.
It's all too easy to let doubt fill out hearts and wonder if our dreams are too far-fetched or if we're good enough. Sometimes we may even wonder if our story is good enough—maybe that makes us want to blend in with the crowd and play it safe.
When I start to feel the fear creep in I like to read inspiring quotes by inspiring people to give myself a quick pep talk. As cheesy as it sounds, sometimes there's nothing like a great quote to remind me to keep moving forward. It's amazing the power that words hold, isn't it? Here are 20 quotes to inspire courage, grit, and stick-to-it-iveness as you grow your business and own your story!
(One of my favorite quotes of the bunch is the one by C.S. Lewis. It's a short, sweet and loving reminder to hang in there. It's like the words come with a built-in hug. Keep scrolling to find your favorite!)
1. "Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be." - Rick Warren
2. "Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation." - Robert Schuller
3. "Never hope for it more than you work for it." - Sonya Teclai
4. "There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications and just go for it." - Judith McNaught
5. "Courage, dear heart." - C.S. Lewis
6. "What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?" - Erin Hanson
7. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius
8. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
9. "Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about." - Winston Churchill
10. "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby
11. "Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear." - George Addair
12. "No grit, no pearl." - Anonymous
13. "All things are difficult before they are easy." - Thomas Fuller
14. "Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you." - Bethany Hamilton
15. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." - Henry David Thoureau
16. "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." - Newt Gingrich
17. "Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve." - J.K. Rowling
18. "I like things to happen. And if they don’t happen, I like to make them happen." - Winston Churchill
19. "Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try." - Michael Jordan
20. "The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph." - George Washington
Feeling a bit braver? I hope so!
If you’re ready to own your story and have design for your business that truly reflects who you are the value you offer, then I think it’s time for us to chat. I work one-on-one with creative small business owners (like you!) to help bring their story to life, give you confidence, and move into a new area of growth. You can learn more about what design services I offer here!