20 Quotes to Inspire Courage + Grit
Determination. Guts. Courage. Grit. Perseverance. Hard work. Dedication.
These are all words that anyone starting or running a business would use to describe what it takes to be successful. But more often than not, it's easier said than done to be courageous and persevere through tough situations. It's all too easy to let doubt fill out hearts and wonder if our dreams are too far-fetched or if we're good enough. In times like these, I like to read inspiring quotes by inspiring people. As cheesy as it sounds, sometimes there's nothing like a great quote to remind me to keep moving forward. It's amazing the power that words hold, isn't it? Here are 20 quotes to inspire courage, grit, and stick-to-it-iveness!
Don't miss the free phone background download at the end of this post!
1. "Remember how far you've come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be." - Rick Warren
2. "Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation." - Robert Schuller
3. "Never hope for it more than you work for it." - Sonya Teclai
4. "There will be a few times in your life when all your instincts will tell you to do something, something that defies logic, upsets your plans, and may seem crazy to others. When that happens, you do it. Listen to your instincts and ignore everything else. Ignore logic, ignore the odds, ignore the complications and just go for it." - Judith McNaught
5. "Courage, dear heart." - C.S. Lewis
6. "What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?" - Erin Hanson
7. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius
8. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
9. "Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about." - Winston Churchill
10. "Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby
11. "Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear." - George Addair
12. "No grit, no pearl." - Anonymous
13. "All things are difficult before they are easy." - Thomas Fuller
14. "Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you." - Bethany Hamilton
15. "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." - Henry David Thoureau
16. "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." - Newt Gingrich
17. "Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve." - J.K. Rowling
18. "I like things to happen. And if they don’t happen, I like to make them happen." - Winston Churchill
19. "Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try." - Michael Jordan
20. "The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph." - George Washington
One of my favorite quotes of the bunch is the one by C.S. Lewis. It's a short, sweet and loving reminder to hang in there. It's like the words come with a built-in hug. Which quote from the list is your favorite?
If you want to see this quote as a daily source of inspiration to rise to the challenges you're facing, then go ahead and download this as a background for your phone! Have courage, dear friends!